We’ve been using the words “iconic” and “Land Rover Defender” together a lot recently. And rightly so. Of course, the Defender traces its lineage directly back to the very first, post-war Land Rover Series I.
While that alone is enough to earn the status of “icon”, Land Rover up and stopped production of the Defender in 2016. Nothing makes a vehicle more iconic than it going out of production!
But wait, the Defender was given the chance to kick it up a notch on the iconic scale when Land Rover announced its return for the 2020 model year. While every Defender that ever hit the backcountry, or that ever will, is iconic, now there will be some debate over how iconic the new models are versus the pre-2016 models.
What Makes One Defender More Iconic Than the Rest?
What if you had a pre-2016 Defender 110 TD5 that was just a little more iconic than the rest?
Check out the specifications on this Defender and imagine what it would be like to have it in your driveway.
- It comes with its own British Motor Industry Heritage Trust Certificate. The certificates are issued by the British Motor Museum, the largest collection of historic British cars in the world.
- The paint colour is Epsom Green Metallic, a darker shade of green compared to British Racing Green.
- Of course, it has an expedition roof rack. If you’re not familiar with the expedition roof rack, when you see one, you’ll wonder how anything else can still be called a roof rack.
- The Goodyear Wrangler Trail Runner A/Ts are mounted on 16” Sawtooth black alloy wheels for even more surefootedness.
- It has all the “go anywhere” features, including a Warn winch, exhaust snorkel, snow and water cowls for the air intake, skid plate, folding rear step, ventilated disc brakes and a locking transfer gearbox.
- It’s been prepped by Westminster Motors (that’s us!) with dealer-equivalent Jaguar Land Rover parts and service, including new front and rear differential fluids, transfer gearbox fluid, manual gearbox fluid, engine oil and filters.
It Could Be Your Land Rover Defender – The Defender with all the specifications listed above, and so many more, including the fact that it came to Canada from Italy in 2017, so it has never seen salt, is available right now at Westminster Motors.
If you enjoyed this post, check out our recent article about how to prevent rust from attacking your car.