We like to keep on top of everything Jaguar here at Westminster Motors and our news ticker has been working overtime recently.
What’s All the Buzz? You might have first heard about the Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero right here on the Westminster Motors blog when we reviewed the luxury British cars at the recent Royal Wedding. It turns out the simple act of Harry and Meghan driving off in a brand new, all-electric E-Type caused quite a stir in the motoring world.
According to Tim Hannig, Jaguar Land Rover Classic Director: “We’ve been overwhelmed by the positive reaction to the Jaguar E-type Zero concept. E-type Zero showcases the incredible heritage of the E-type, and the expertise and craftsmanship at Classic Works, while demonstrating Jaguar Land Rover’s dedication to creating zero-emission vehicles across every part of the business, including Jaguar Classic.”
Jaguar Makes the E-Type Concept Zero Available to the Masses
Jaguar doesn’t come out and say that taking the Concept Zero from a concept car to full production has anything to do with the Royal Wedding. And no automobile manufacturer can make plans for a production run that quickly, so it must have been in the works. But there’s no denying the ‘Royal Effect’ surrounding the announcement of the Concept Zero production run.
Basically, there was little or no mention of a production run, and relatively few people even knew about the Concept Zero, before the Royal nuptials in May. And, like we said, the newsfeed has been all lit up ever since.
Here’s just some of the news stream.
- Straight from the Source – Here’s the announcement Jaguar posted to their website on August 23, 2018. E-lectric! Jaguar Classic Will Build Zero-emissions E-types.
- Speculation About the Price – Jaguar has not released pricing information and few sites have even dared guess. But Harper’s Bazaar did so here: Jaguar to sell the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s wedding reception car
- Who Else is Talking About It? Just about everyone:
- CNN: Classic cars experiencing royal rebirths as electric vehicles
- Car and Driver: Battery Power Doesn’t Ruin the Jaguar E-type
- PC Magazine: Jaguar to Sell All-Electric Version of E-type Sports Car
- Town & Country – The Car Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Drove to Their Wedding Reception Is Going Into Production
How Big is the News that the Concept Zero is Going into Production?
Can you think of any news about the production of a car that would be published by sources as varied (and non-car oriented) as CNN, PC Magazine and Town & Country? If you own an E-Type and like the idea of the Concept Zero, Jaguar will also offer a fully-reversible EV conversion for existing E-Types. Until then, keep your cat purring nicely with repairs and service right here at Westminster Motors!